Sunday, August 27, 2006

Chocolate!

I got my schedule, and it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Two days a week I have school from 8:30am-5:30pm, one day is an "Israel Seminar" where we go around the city, and the other two days are only 8:30am-1:30pm. I'm taking Modern Hebrew, Biblical Grammar, Liturgy, Bible, Modern European Jewish History, plus a fun class entitled "Why I am a Reform Jew." Next semester I get more electives, plus Rabbinic Literature, so I think it'll be more interesting academically.

J and I are in Holon right now, at my dad's. I'm loving the air conditioning. Friday we went to the Tel Aviv beach, and J got to experience the glory of fine sand and the warmth of the Mediterranean. Then we saw Superman Returns at CinemaCity, on a HUGE screen (it was as big as an IMAX). Then my brother and sister came with us for dessert at Max Brenner's, the wondrous Chocolate Bar. Here's the link to the menu, so you all can drool: http://www.maxbrenner.com/menus.html (look at the Sweets and Drinks). EVERYTHING is of chocolate! It was amazing, I'm in awe. Unfortunately they only have locations in New York, Israel, Australia, Singapore, and the Philippines. So consider it another excuse for you all to visit!

We'll probably be here til tomorrow, then back to Jerusalem. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon.... I feel like the wicked witch, I'm meeeeelllllting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home