Sunday, June 24, 2007

You know you're in LA when...

I'm out to lunch with my friend Danielle when we get onto the topic of celebrity gossip.

"I don't follow it much," she says.
"Really? I read it all the time," I say, turning my head to look at her.
"But you have to remember," she says, "I went to high school with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. They were a year below me, and didn't interest me then either."

I had forgotten she was from Sherman Oaks - turns out she went to school with Henry Winkler's daughter too. Then again, why was I surprised? In high school one of my friends did a commercial with George Clooney, and in college I went to dinner with Helen Hunt and Hank Azaria (I was friends with Helen's cousin).

It seems odd to me that this *doesn't* seem odd. Maybe it is time to move on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, my friend Shaina just told me something that sounded like this... She was driving to her sister's house in LA, and they saw this stretch limo to their left. So they were all excited imagining that it was some big star, but then her younger brother looked out the opposite window, and saw Johnny Depp driving in this ordinary little car...

Only in LA!!!!

July 01, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Michal said...

LOL that's a beautiful story! And I *love* that Johnny Depp drives like a normal person.

July 02, 2007 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home