Sunday, September 17, 2006

Books - by Michal

I just finished The Source, by James Michener. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in history. The first 70 pages are about archeologists finding a spot to excavate in Israel, and the rest of the book is about who lived there over the years, from the first person to come out of a cave and live in a hut, to the time of King David, to the Middle Ages and Crusaders, to modern day. Each chapter is a different historical time period, with characters that come to life beautifully. So if anyone has any extra time, go read it! Go read even if you *don’t* have time. I got it from the HUC library, and now it’s on my list to buy.

And yes, I realize I don't update in a week then have 3 posts at once. Oh well. Strike while the pen is hot, as they say...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

I remember reading that ages ago and enjoying it - maybe I'll pick it up again. Of course, since you've already checked it out ... I guess I'll have to wait. Anyway, we have less time to read now that we have new member of the family - we got a dog last week. She's about 1 1/2 years old, lab mix. Major drinking problem - the whole kitchen floor gets wet when she drinks, I'm not sure how she manages that. sheryl

September 20, 2006 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A similar style book is Sarum, and is about Salisbury and tracks it from the melting of the polar ice caps to the late 1900's. Partially archeological, but also fiction, an excellent read!

September 20, 2006 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha...i couldnt agree more. I'll make sure to check that book out.

September 22, 2006 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheryl, you've got a menagerie now! The kids must love it. Though lol, that poor dog... your poor floor!

Antonio, I remember you telling me about that book earlier. Now that I know how the title is spelled, I'll be sure to check it out.

And Joe, go for it - it's totally worth it, a great read.

September 23, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

The kids definitely love our new dog, Pandora. We have NOT introduced her to the rats and are working very hard at keeping them apart. I'm sure she would look at them and say "oh fluffy squeak toy!"

Pandora, in the mean time, has bonded to Jane and cries whenever Jane goes to bed at night and leaves in the morning!

September 26, 2006 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home