Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey day

Though there was no turkey. We went to a sides-only potluck dinner at Stephanie's, and it was AMAZING. Jonathan made cornbread with honey butter, and other people brought sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, noodle kugel, garlic mashed potatoes, salads, cranberry sauce, plus homemade pumpkin pie, pecan pie, jello, cookies... I am in food coma. There were about 20 or so people, and we schmoozed for hours. Then afterwards we came back and watched Pirates of the Caribbean with Ethan, and then Nicole and Joe came to visit.

All in all, a very full evening!

(and in celebration of the day, we got the kitties catnip. :))

2 Comments:

Blogger hollydlr said...

Hey! I am in food coma too!! Sorry I didn't catch your call - I was no doubt stuffing my face. I'll try to call you tomorrow while we're on the road!

November 23, 2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

We also had a turkey-free turkey day. We had duck! Ruthie was mildly outraged that we didn't have a "traditional" meal (although I did make a pumpkin - well actually squash pie from scratch) that she's been filling in the side dishes. She made a cranberry jello mold one night and has the makings for mashed potatoes for some time this week.

November 27, 2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home