Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm (almost) done!

The end is in sight! I only have one more test, on Thursday morning, and then I'm finished. We'll spend this weekend in Tel Aviv with my dad's family, next week traveling with Antonio, and three days after that in Arad with my grandmother. I love vacations!

Especially Hanukkah... are you guys familiar with sufganiyot? They're the greasy food that's eaten in Israel instead of latkes. They're jelly donuts, like so:



Jonathan likes them better than I do (I like lots of jelly and they don't tend to have much) but either way, we've been eating a ton of them. Between that, the ice cream from Stephanie, and all the goodies I anticipate in the next week, I figure the diet will start *after* New Year's.

I went to a coffeeshop today with Miriam, Ethan, and Erin, Matt's wife. Erin told me that she just found out there's a baby pool going... and that she and I are at the top! I don't think I've *ever* been part of a pool before - how funny that my very first one is about having kids.

Also just finished The Matzo Ball Heiress for fun fluffy reading, borrowed from Nicole. The premise is that the current generation of the matzah-making Greenblotz' (think the Manischewitz family) have a completely dysfunctional family, and the Food Channel wants to highlight their business by airing their annual seder live. Extremely entertaining problems abound. The main character reminded me of a Jewish Bridget Jones.

Jonathan's working in the library tonight, so I'm here with the cats. I should probably go study a bit. But surfing the internet is so much fun instead...

Addition: Mara came over with more sufganiyot in hand! Boston creme this time - I had no choice, they kept calling my name!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi lady,

I love doughnuts. Remember when I used to bring Krispy Kremes for Alias night?! I miss you. I am going to a Hannukah potluck on Friday. Wish me luck!

December 19, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

Luck, luck, you're wished luck! :) No seriously, that's really awesome that you're doing it. And of *course* I remember - Alias nights are some of my best memories of that year! I miss you too - let's try and talk later.

December 19, 2006 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna call you during my lunch break. Hopefully the chewing doesn't bother you too much ;)

December 20, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

dude, i have SUCH a craving now. damn.

December 21, 2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home