Thursday, December 07, 2006

Israelis and their families

I had a wonderful Hebrew test today! Granted, it was on reading comprehension, where I had to read a text and answer a story. I do much better on those than on grammar ones - what a shock. One doesn't have to spell or conjugate to be able to read.

Yesterday some of the American HUC students, myself included, met with the Israeli rabbinical students. I showed one of them my schedule and she felt sorry for me - since they (obviously) already speak Hebrew, they don't have this same program. Judith is in a halacha (Hebrew law) class, Talmud, Hebrew poetry, counseling, etc. The good news is that I speak Hebrew well enough to sit in on the poetry class, so next Tuesday I'm going to join in with the Israelis!

Speaking of Israelis, I visited Sharon, the woman I read to, again today. But instead of just she and her husband, her daughter was home from work, and her son was in from the army. She made us all lunch, and I'll tell you, these people speak so fast in Hebrew *and* English that I could barely understand them! It was great though, being part of an Israeli family other than my own. I think I've been adopted. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya,

Have fun in your Hebrew Poetry class, little miss English major!

December 11, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

LOL will do!

December 12, 2006 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home