Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's March!

Hooray for March. This means we leave the country in less than three months! I still love Israel, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready to go home. Apartments with insulation, customer service in English, tortillas on demand, and carpet in every building... I'm shivering with anticipation already.

Nothing particularly eventful has happened this week. We had an extremely forgettable field trip to Tel Aviv on Wednesday, I had a test on Thursday, and since then I've been sick. (I blame the test). I think I just overexerted myself, what with getting no sleep on the tiyul and then staying out late the other nights due to HUC programs. But Jonathan has been fabulous about making me eggs, toast, and tea and Savta sent over her jello recipe, so hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow or the next day.

Joe's friend from Scotland is visiting him and Nicole, and upon meeting him and saying hello I grinned - I'd never actually heard a thick Scottish brogue in person. It took a few minutes for me to understand what he was saying! Now I'm even more excited for our Scotland trip.

Jonathan has been doing lots of Cincinnati research, and he's been finding some great deals on houses. I love Craiglist. Let's hope that at least some of these places are still on the market in May, or that they're replaced by even better ones.

As comfort food, I finished As A Driven Leaf for the umpteenth time. Such a good book. I also read a great mystery that Becca had brought me called The Fig Eater, and I'm partway through Arthur and George.

That's the bad thing about being sick - I feel well enough to read fun novels, but not coherent enough to write papers or concentrate on Hebrew homework... if only teachers would understand! Thankfully we have tomorrow and Monday off for Purim, so if I'm feeling better we'll go down to Holon for the Purim Parade. If not, we'll stay here and I'll luxuriate in my pajamas. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to be happy for you too.
Three months to go.
Your Savta

March 03, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

Aww! Leaving you and my Holon family will be the hardest thing about moving back. But at least we're going to come see you soon! The 22nd, and then at least once more before we leave. I'll call you tomorrow. :)

March 04, 2007 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home