Thursday, April 12, 2007

A lazy Thursday and my domestic god

Today was the best day – shuk with Mara in the morning, visiting with Abba at lunch, watching Brokeback Mountain in the afternoon, and cookies with Nicole and Joe in the evening. They have their big appointment at the consulate tomorrow (to get Joe's fiance visa into the US), so we wanted to wish them well.

And then the funniest thing happened that reminded me why I married my husband.

I’m online reading Google News, the modern equivalent of a newspaper. I look over next to me to see Jonathan sewing. I reach for one of the cookies he had made right at the moment he starts cooing to a cat. Then we catch each others’ eyes and burst out laughing. Mr. Mom and the working wife, indeed!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a case for... "Mr. Mom and the Working Wife!"

LOL

April 13, 2007 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! The mutual tenderness is palpable......
yer admiring Savta

April 14, 2007 3:27 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

Becca - *giggle* You're right, it sounds like an Encyclopedia Brown chapter title!

And Savta - awww, thanks. :)

April 14, 2007 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I can just see that moment!

M & J - I know I don't comment often, but I do check the blog with the some frequency. I love all the pictures, and I am glad to see you both doing so well. Everyone looks healthy and happy... and those are some HUGE cats!

Miss you both! xoxox

April 19, 2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

Anne, it's so good to hear from you! LOL I had no idea you were reading this... talk about good surprises. And as for the cats, you'll have to meet them - we get back on May 20th and will be in LB for about 2-3 weeks. Let's meet up then!

April 19, 2007 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home