Thursday, December 28, 2006

Petra

Well, Antonio and I went to Petra. It was in fact supposed to be Michal, Antonio, and I, but Michal got sick and had to stay at Savta’s while Antonio and I ventured off. It was a harrowing story involving me almost not being able to get out of the country (visa status problems) our bus catching fire, and me almost not getting back into Israel (same stupid visa status problem). I really wanted to tell Michal that the trip was horrible so she didn’t feel bad for not being able to come with us, but alas, Petra was truly an awesome experience. It is impossible to capture in pictures just how overwhelmingly magnificent these structures are. I have tried to take pictures of people next to the buildings whenever possible, but even then these images pale compared to the magic and majesty of being in Petra.

I would have written more on this, but I think this is an experience best shared with pictures. Please click on the link below and read the comments to see what it is like to see Petra.

Petra Pictures

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! the pictures are amazing! Are any of the buildings "open"? how deep into the cliffs are they carved. sheryl

December 29, 2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home