Saturday, March 10, 2007

JOE AND NICOLE MADE US COOKIES!

Bless them. They were chocolate chip and wonderful.

It was the perfect end to the perfect day. It started at noon when we got up and had brunch - Jonathan made french toast with last night's challah, topped with sugared strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Then we washed the cats, I did some fun reading and Jonathan played a game, and later on we went to a wine and cheese oneg hosted by Elyse and Danny, the two rabbis I've mentioned earlier. They must have bought out the cheese guy at the shuk - I consider myself a cheese aficianado, and I was even introduced to some ones. Mmmm new cheeses.

After making plans for next week with Miriam, Rebecca came home with us from the oneg and helped me with Hebrew. Hifeel, Nifaal, dageshes and falling Nun's - UGH I suck at it. Rebecca showed me that apparently there is a method to the madness, and patterns to the chaos.

After the Hebrew lesson we made Havdallah, and right after we finished Nicole and Joe called us upstairs. Nicole had fallen down today and hurt her foot, so to help her feel better we brought over some chocolate liqueur... and lo and behold to go with the liqueur they had made us cookies! (They were in thank you for Jonathan's help with the lock, and our lending them dishes for their dinner party last night).

And now, here I am, skimming work and looking up celebrity gossip, and Jonathan is sewing the tallit he made a few days ago at the tallit workshop he attended. I'll post pictures of it when he finishes.

Shabbat may be officially over, but the warm feeling remains alive in our household tonight. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I surrender, Jonathan! I used to consider myself THE ultimate in french toast preparation, but you have me beat by a mile!!!! Sugared strawberries and ice-cream.... my mouth is watering!!!
yer Savta

March 12, 2007 12:01 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

It all sounds wonderful - but I wonder if the cats would consider it a "perfect day" :-)

Jonathan, what kind of tallit are you making? Ruthie wants me to make one for her Bat Mitsvah, so I'm starting to think about it.

March 13, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Savta, my goodness, I wouldn't imagine of dethroning you. Though I may be able to do one dish really well, you are the queen of banquets!! I don't know how you do it, but every time I visit you a buffet of food magically appears out of no where. How can I ever top that?

Sheryl: No, the cats did not think it so fine a day. In my defense, they are getting more accustomed to their monthly baths. They only mope around for about an hour in embarrassment (at having their fur deflated) and indignation. It used to take 4 or 5 hours before they would forgive me.

As for the tallit, I will post some pictures. We should talk by phone sometime about it though. The only key thing is the fringe in the corners. Other than that you can make it any color or pattern you like.

March 13, 2007 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home