Saturday, April 28, 2007

Winding down

Life seems to be simpler lately – my time is split between friends and homework. Judy got here the day before yesterday, and it’s been great. We went to the shuk, out for schwarma, to the Old City. Yesterday she took a bus tour all day and I wrote a paper. It worked out nicely.

Last night was “Cincinnati Shabbat” at Matt and Erin’s, for all of us who are going to the great state of Ohio next year. It was wonderful getting to know people better, and I’m looking forward to having classes with everyone. One thing is sad though – everyone else at the table is only moving to Cincinnati in August! Guess we’ll be on our own the months of June and July.

The cats have been going CRAZY the past few days. It’s been getting warmer, spring has finally arrived…. And with it the psycho, demanding cats have returned. I think they’ve got spring fever too. Last night Simcha woke us up at 5am meowing and meowing. After yelling at him to no avail, Jonathan finally picked him up and plopped him on the bed. He nestled in the crook of Jonathan’s arm and fell asleep. You’d think he could just jump up there by himself, but no! He had to be hand-carried.

And on a slightly different note, I highly recommend the movie Pan’s Labyrinth. It’s a Spanish movie set after their Civil War in 1944, centering on one girl’s experience. It breaks between the world of reality and the world of her fairy tales, and she meets fairies, a faun, and all sorts of magical creatures that help her deal with real life.

And that’s about it on this front. My Liturgy paper is calling my name.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Simcha! Instead of just jumping up into bed with you, he was begging to be INVITED. Shouldn't you be appreciating his good manners??????
Savta

April 28, 2007 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha I had a girl in my class (needless to say, she is FAR from Orthodox) who saw Pan's Labyrinth, and for a week after she would draw eyes on her hands! She is CRAZY! Also, I just got back from a wonderful Shabbaton with the Highschool girls! So much food - so little time! We literally got done with dessert at two in the morning! =]

April 28, 2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger Michal said...

LOL ah yes, Simcha the polite. Not usually what I'd call him, but you're more generous than I!

And Hannah, that scene was creepy for *me*! The screenwriter has too vivid of an imagination for my taste. Talk about a dark fantasy. The Shabbaton sounds great - I'd love to hear more about it! Are you going to do Adat Noar next year? It's the same thing, just with other 9th graders. I always came back from those weekends a few pounds heavier. :)

May 01, 2007 12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next in my Netflix queque-- "Pan's Labyrinth!"

May 16, 2007 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home