Friday, January 05, 2007

The rest of the touring pictures

Here are some teaser pictures to convince you to go to the site.


These are crosses carved into the wall of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (where Jesus' tomb is), made by Crusaders on their pilgrimage.


Definition of Israel: olive tree growing next to Second Temple ruins.


Here is Antonio standing in the ruins of a shop along the street next to the Second Temple. He's hard to see, in the bottom half wearing red and a brown hat, turned toward the Temple. The oddly shaped stones above him are called Robinson's Arch, the only remaining part of a huge arch that connected the Temple entrance to the street level on the hill above. The main street was below, and sold sacrifices, clothing, you name it. It's where all the mikvahs (ritual baths) are too.


Me in a souvenir shop.

For the rest of the pictures (and there are many) go here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a trip! I left a comment after the pictures. The slideshow blew me away!!! Jonathan, you are a genius!!!!! I'll have to come back again when I'm calmer! I am all excited now!!!! Your blog is the BEST!!!!!
yer Savta

January 05, 2007 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs convincing to go to the site??!! It's a magical trip through the reality of the ages! And you're right...that olive tree growing beside the ancient wall says it all. Life goes on, and eternity embraces the most distant past as well as the future beyond our vision or imagination. Thank you for this remarkable presentation. The 5-second interval between pictures is perfect for keeping the viewer tensely alert!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
yer Savta

January 05, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

I am glad you love it, but give me credit where credit's due! Jonathan fixed the internet, tis true, but I was the one who put this whole thing together. I appreciate your comments. :)

Michal the blogger

January 05, 2007 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the comment I left before?? OK, so I'll try again.
Michal, I run out of words when I try to comment on your writings on the blog! Your descriptions and explanations are so vivid and perceptive that the viewer is drawn in to FEEL the experience.
You cover ground from chatting with a cabdriver to walking through the holiest Christian sites to snacking in a trendy restaurant, with transitions that are so smooth that the reader can actually experience it all with fun and wonder! You are amazing!
There isn't enough credit on earth to give you what your really deserve. And that is my unbiased, objective opinion!
yer Savta

January 06, 2007 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home