Monday, April 30, 2007

The week

Just a quick update: Shabbat afternoon (Saturday) was wonderful! I went to Sharon and Nathan's for the afternoon. We ate a ton of food and then took a walk around one of the kibbutzim near their house, at Ramat Rachel. They have a viewpoint there where you could see almost all of Jerusalem, from north to south. It's gorgeous. And Bethlehem is the next hill over - I forget how close the West Bank is.

Judy is having a great time. She and Jonathan have been spelunking all over town while I've been in classes. I'm the lucky recipient of the baklava they bring home.

Two more days of school and then finals. Is it like this for everyone else, when the week before finals is harder than the actual final week itself? Maybe it's because I try to do the papers beforehand. Either way, between the imminent end of school and packing up book boxes, it's hitting me - I'M GOING HOME! And I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. It'll be wonderful to see people in the States again, but really, it's the people I miss, not the things. I like living in Israel - it's such a healthier lifestyle, and the culture seems more real, less polished. Maybe one day we'll make aliyah. Who knows. Right now, I just don't want to leave my Israeli family... as well as the Machane Yehuda vegetable market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home