Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Never travel with cats

1) The last day in Jerusalem we hung out with Deborah and went to the top of the YMCA tower. Pretty view. Then we said bye to Joe and Nicole at night. Sniff.
2) My dad picked us up at 9am, we went down to Holon and spent the day there.
3) On the plane the cats meowed 10 hours out of 15. We were not happy. Our seatmates were even less happy.
4) We're now in California. Were I less jet-lagged, I'd say hooray.
5) My mother's cats do not like two new male cats in their territory. This is bad for them, but actually extremely amusing to watch.
6) I unpacked most of our six suitcases directly into boxes for Cincinnati. Oyness.
7) I *still* haven't had a chance to look at the Scotland pictures! But pictures are coming. Eventually.

And since I'm in list mode, here are some things I'd forgotten about the States:

Freeways are huge.
Fruit and vegetables are waxy.
Toilet seat covers!
Sunday is not a workday, but Friday is.
Starbucks is everywhere.
Jacaranda trees are gorgeous.
Young girls wear miniskirts.
You don't have to turn on the hot water an hour before you do dishes or take a shower.
Bacon and cheese are together. Everywhere.

And that's all for now. Jonathan and I will be here for a month, at my mother's number, before we move cross-country. We're toying with the idea of starting a "Year(s) in Cincinnati" blog. To be honest, I think I may find the Midwest just as foreign as Israel!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this update! I've been dogging your blog for days, anxious for news of the kitties -- and of you repatriots. I'm happy! So why am I blubbering? Partly because I'm glad you're back "home" and partly because oh how I miss you!
Savta

May 23, 2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

Oh, you're so welcome! And we miss you too... I'm already ready to go back!

The cats, btw, are settling in so nicely. This house is bigger, has more nooks and crannies, and smells *so* different than our old place, they love it!

May 25, 2007 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hot water thing was the biggest thing I appreciated after 2 weeks of forgetful mornings!

May 31, 2007 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home