Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mundane errands

I swear, I have never spent more time in waiting rooms than I have this week. We had pretty much postponed all of our medical appts for a year, so this week I've gone to the: dentist, doctor, obgyn, podiatrist, optometrist, and hairdresser. Then I have a cavity, so that's a follow-up visit to the dentist. Then my vision is deteriorating, so a follow-up appt with the doctor who did my PRK two years ago (it was like LASIK, but more invasive. Before the procedure I was legally blind). So it turns out my eyes are now reverting, so I have additional surgery scheduled for week after next. Jonathan has the same type of follow-ups, so we've definitely been grateful for the use of my mom's car.

We saw Pirates of the Caribbean, which I quite liked. Stay til the very end of the credits, that's all I'll say.

We've had lunches and dinners with people, and I'm falling back into totally unhealthy eating habits. And (Nicole and Joe, you'll love this) we became such tea people in Israel that my mother bought herself a kettle. Apparently she was laughing at us putting our mugs of water in the microwave, and decided to rectify the situation. :)

Oh yes, and the cats are adjusting much better now.


Simcha on the left, Osher on the right. "The sinks are our new home!"


Sleeping and cuddling and grooming. Oh what a difficult life.


Wow, this cat must be tense. See how he can barely relax?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

LOL! Your mom mentioned the bathroom sinks, but I hadn't been sure I believed her!

We went to see Pirates too - Caleb insisted on staying through the credit - the other kids weren't too happy till they saw the final clip!

I hope you're having a great trip.
sheryl

June 05, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

Hehe, yeah, it's their new home! They get way too comfy in those sinks. I have no idea why.

I still have issues with the end... what a lonely life for Elizabeth. Ah well. It leaves room for a sequel, but still ties off her plot line nicely.

See you soon, and have fun at canasta!

June 05, 2007 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home